Justice. [J]
[html]
Serious Gunnar is Serious.. / +237

Fia's image of a rogue's life appeared to be very, very deluded. Wonderful? As if. The curiousity in her eyes made him hold back a dry remark on it, keeping back from being rude and short with her, despite the stupid question. Instead, he paused a moment and inhaled deeply, letting it out with a heavy sigh; one that said he'd rather stab himself in the eye than hear yet another girl gasp in wonder at his lifestyle.

It's shit. He stated simply, after some thought. Don't get me wrong, though; I'd prefer the freedom of being alone than being with a pack. That's probably just the dog in me, though. It was a fact; dogs just weren't as pack oriented as wolves were. Something about humans forcing them to live more of their lives without the company of their own kind.

As appealing as a lawless life sounds, Fia... it's not worth it, nor is it anywhere close to being without rules. As a rogue, you have to keep away from pack territories and other rogues' claims. Each morning you wake up is another blessing, because you never know what the night will bring. His voice was serious now, urging her away from that curiousity; she didn't deserve that sort of life. The pack was the right place for her, as far as he was concerned; somehow he couldn't see the pretty girl that had stolen his heart as a cut-throat rogue without a home or family to return to.

It's harder to hunt and you have to worry about having whatever you do manage to catch stolen from you. As a rogue, you can't trust anyone. You look out for youself and that's it; nothing else matters except for your own life. It's a cold hard fact that most people don't seem to consider when they decide that the pack life doesn't suit them anymore. Hard lines crossed his face as he strained not to growl, recalling many cold nights alone, away from his mother or worse, as a pup, worried about his mother's safety whenever the petite woman had left him to hunt for food... even more fearful of her health whenever prey became scarce.

Stay with your pack and family, Fia. That's a blessing in itself, having a warm home to sleep in and friendly faces to wake to in the morning. Being a rogue is a dangerous, pointless lifestyle for a girl raised in a pack. Then, he looked over to her, to lock eyes with her and even stopping their walk to command her full attention.

I was born a rogue. It was all I ever knew, growing up. Pack life is foreign to me and I don't know how well I'll settle into Casa, to be honest. I do know, however, that as long as you're happy with it, I'll stick around and follow the rules. A smile. Promise me you won't throw your life away for curiousity's sake, Fia. Never overlook the blessings you have. You're luckier than you know.

<style type="text/css">
.gunny03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9d7b9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #735626; }
.gunny03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.gunny03 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#baa575; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DTyEi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 410px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#573d1b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.gunny03 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.gunny03 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread