rattlesnake.
[html]

(362)

Myrika is by Kiri!

The hybrid watched as Ezekiel reached into the fire fearlessly. Her face twisted into an expression of surprise, quickly becoming a look of captivation. He showed no pain and no fear; it was clear the coyote clan's leader was not a poltroon. The rusty-shaded woman herself was not certain she could have stuck an arm into that fire without so much of a twitch on her face. His prize was a roasted bird, its crisp skin crackling and char-marked. Her eyes glittered with the firelight and fascination, and she reached for the bird, nodding her thanks.

Even as she took the first few bites, sinking into the deliciousness of the food, she listened to him carefully, frowning. His sister -- her cousin, or something like it. Myrika did not know the exact words by which to call all of this extended family; the hybrid barely considered them family, after all. In the Caelum's mind, her family consisted of Kharma, Cassie, and that spectral being, her mother, Rachias. It was through Rachias Myrika even had these tenuous connections with this family -- Kharma's family was a mystery, something they'd never spoken of, not even once.

I could have gone home with dad and left... but, Ezekiel, she said, after swallowing the last bite of the bird she'd taken. Sometimes you have to live your life for yourself, too. Or for a greater cause... ah, I don't mean, like -- I don't mean something's better than your sister or mine, but... if you didn't lead Inferni and you left to go find her, who would keep it together? she asked, fidgeting. She did not want him to take offense to her words, but they were difficult ones to speak, and they hadn't come out quite right, either. I came here because I can't imagine my world being Thornloe and Thornloe alone, she finished, not quite sure what it was she was even talking about anymore. The rust-hued canine had upset herself with the potentially offensive comment, and now turned her attention to the bird, picking a sliver of flesh from along its ribs.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread