rattlesnake.
[html]

(300+)
Lol backpeddaling in first paragraph. <_< Hope okay. Watev. Also almost forgot about Donovan, fufufuf. Lawl.

Myrika is by Kiri!

The tawny coyote did not know how to respond to this; instead, her turquoise eyes drifted away from him. There was nothing for her to play with in her hands; she'd set the bird carcass aside and wiped her hands before handling the book. The cover was hard boiled leather and a little grease would not harm it too much, but she wished for it to last a long time -- the more care it received, the longer it would last. Her gaze focused on the frondescence of a nearby bush. It would soon be winter-bare, but a few stubborn leaves still clung to its branches, half-green at best. Ezekiel seemed engrossed in the book for the moment anyway, and the tawny hybrid allowed her mind to drift, relaxing and daydreaming quietly about the good days in Thornloe. Afternoons exploring with Cass, spending her time around the horses and the adults.

Rustling motion drew her out of daydreams and back to reality, which seemed duller and harsher after the rose-tinted dreams of youth. She peered at Ezekiel and smiled, nodding in what she hoped was not an overly-enthusiastic manner. Before she could respond, he posed a question, and the excitement drained from her face as she considered his question. It was not a grave look that dawned over the rusty hybrid's face, but a contemplative one. Of course you can read the book, and contribute, if you'd like. As for birds -- well,

I knew of chickens kept in Thornloe for eggs and sometimes meat. And my father, he used to keep a kestrel -- it's a falcon; like a hawk, a bird of prey -- to communicate with my mother, she said, smiling. I miss Donovan. Is that how you mean? She was not terribly familiar with Ibsen beyond that he was a crow and his relationship to the clan seemed marginal at best. I watched my father with Donovan, but I don't know that I'd know how to train a bird beyond books and intuition, the woman cautioned. Chickens, simple creatures they were, required no training and would not be a problem for Myrika. Hawks and falcons were another matter entirely. If you need me to do it, though -- I'll try, she said, determined to at least attempt whatever endeavour Ezekiel had in mind.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread