rattlesnake.
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

Ezekiel knew how to read, but writing was a skill beyond him. He had tried, once, but found it was a skill not meant for deft hands. Talitha had been the more talented of the two, the left-brain to his more simple, calculating mind. There was a lot he could not do. Reading was one of them, and he loved to read with reckless abandon. When he had been terribly wounded, he had read for days. All of the names of demons were held in his mind, stuck in areas where they could be called upon if there was such a need.

He had heard of people keeping birds of prey—two of his members did, after all. Well, one now that Kesho was dead. A faint smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he thought about using messenger birds. “No, but that’s a clever idea. I’ve used Ibsen in the past; it’s easy because he can talk like us. Hell, I sometimes use the rest of the flock for eyes…I can talk like they do,” he added, and chuckled at the thought. “But no, I’m after eggs. It’s really a selfish thing, but eggs are quite delicious. I’ll see if I can find chickens around here. I’m sure some pack would have them, if yours did.” It was uncommon to Inferni, but perhaps elsewhere it was not. Many other of these packs were, after all, domesticated. No better than dogs, really.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread