rattlesnake.
[html]

(374)

Myrika is by me!

The rust-hued coyote could not imagine what it was like, being quite so beholden to the clan. As a member, she was free to leave at any time she pleased for whatever reasons she pleased. If she walked away, perhaps she could not return, but her departure would not deal death to the clan. The departure of an Aquila, an alpha, a leader -- well, she was sure Inferni had a chance of surviving if such a thing occurred, but its perseverance was not guaranteed. She considered this especially hard, though the rusty-hued coyote did not think she would ever lead anything. Ezekiel led after his father and Gabriel after his mother -- she was but a royal cousin, unimportant to the dynasty of Inferni.

Despite the idea that he was obligated to the clan, there were certain perks, too. He was privy to the innermost secrets of Inferni, the adytum of the clan's knowledge and heart. Had his father educated him especially? She did not know if he had been preened for leadership, directed and gently guided to his destiny. Perhaps it was not quite a burden to the tawny-hued man before her, smoking so casually. He did not appear to have the weight of all the world on his shoulders, but then again, leaders were not supposed to show such pressure. Their game relied upon a tranquil demeanor, showing none of the certain stresses and pressures of the job.

I might like a cave better, she ventured, though she was not certain on this point. Gotta duck for doorways and stoop on low ceilings, but most of the schoolhouse is high-ceilings and tall doors, fortunately, the woman said. The same could not be stated for the D'Neville -- she felt like a giant in a dollhouse when she entered that particular place. Inferni on the whole is not what I imagined it to be, she added, shrugging. This was perhaps the most important thing she had to say, but the hybrid posed the statement casually. Much better, I would say, she added, smiling faintly. She did not imagine she would find a home here amongst the coyotes. In her mind, it had been a temporary stop on the road.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread