rattlesnake.
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

There had been little time for practice; Ezekiel had been shoved into his role. It had come with fire and fury and all the dangers of enemies in and around his throne. If he could have said no, he would have. Now, though, he knew there was no option. Halo would have led them to ruin. So would the others. Something about their bloodline demanded sacrifice; he had to shed blood to keep his throne and he would do so again.

He had not really noticed her height until she spoke of it. Most of the others here were taller than him; Ezekiel and his sister had, despite their wolfish heritage, taken after their mother. The blonde man was nearly a foot shorter than this cousin, but he carried himself well. Mastering his physical behavior was something that allowed for such illusion.

Perhaps because he imagined she felt something was wrong about her height, he did not bring it up. Instead, he smiled at her comment—it was a true smile, a toothy one that gave him back some of the lost youth when he had been a promising golden boy. “I’m glad. I want Inferni to be…something more,” he searched for the words, but found them failing. He breathed in smoke, held his breath, and laughed. It was a barking thing, perhaps more like the ravens he so favored. “But what do I know, eh?”

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread