These hooves tread softly
@Meghann: Fine with me! c: It was where I was hoping we'd go anyhow c;
@Marit: Sure thing!
(322 words)
[html]
[/html] Claudius hadn't really expected Vigilante to speak up in his favour like that. Whatever he had thought of the doggish King was perhaps a bit different from the truth, since he never would have thought that Vigilante would want to assert Claudius' temporary position like that. However, as Claudius considered it, it made sense: Vigilante needed Claudius as the face of the tribe to keep the situation calm. Although Claudius did not have a spirit guide lingering nearby and did not braid his hair or adorn it with feathers, he was perhaps as close to the AniWayan tradition as one would find. Claudius felt himself stand up a bit straighter when Vigilante named him the 'acting leader.' He now realized that he hadn't really said as much to Ulilohi: he had just assumed she would understand he had some sort of power, even if it was faint and fleeting.

Claudius gave the woman a polite nod of his head in thanks as he moved to walk with Vigilante. He did not feel comfortable expressing his concerns about this woman in front of her. Not only was it rude, it was also a tactical maladresse.

"Vigilante," he stated. "She-e-e wa-a-ants... to see... Maska... to see... if... he is pur...suing... his cau-ause..." he explained. He wasn't sure if this was code for something or if she really was just here to check up on the councilman. "I don't tru-u-ust he-e-er... I do-o-on... n't... fee-ee-eel... that... we-e-e-e should... le-e-et her... see... Mas-s-s-ska-a-a... I am... wo-o-rr-r..i...ied... tha-a-at sh-e-e-e may... try to... help... him." He tried not to glance at Ulilohi as he spoke, focusing his attention on Vigilante and what the older man would think of this. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread