Marching On. aw
She should have been disappointed at his reaction, but Terra had been expecting it. Her talents would not be welcome here. They would have to be used in other manners. I don't think you need a spy. I heard about the war, but it's over. I'll just dedicate myself to peace, if it's all the same to you. That last part was a bold faced lie. Her face hadn't changed as she spoke, but Terra wasn't a peaceful person. Trouble was like food to her, a necessity of her existence. If there was no trouble in the pack, she'd seek it elsewhere. While Terra needed a pack to survive, she wasn't willing to cut off that part of herself for the pack. It was how she had survived on her own, and part of her memories with her family.

Of course, I hope I can improve my hunting skills. I'm not much good to the pack if I can only hunt in a group. It was her poor hunting skills that had lead her to improving her thieving skills in the first place. When it's steal or starve, the choice is fairly easy, and quickly learned. Terra's mind turned back to the horses, thinking about the easy food. What's it like, caring for them? She was honestly curious about the strange life, working with the horses. It definitely seemed to be the key to Alder's way of life, one that intrigued her in it's newness.

Messages In This Thread