Forever can be...
[html]
She listened to his words and soon found herself sinking against the warmth of his side, bound by a strong, wiry arm. It hit her suddenly again, that he was dead--dead and in the ground and rotting and some kind of ghost that she still didn't understand. This wasn't really him, but the realism of the dream and his specter cut a dark contrast and raised goose bumps over her arms. Instinctively, she shifted her body closer to his, an excuse to brush her arms with her hands and assure herself of his presence for that moment, this night and dream.

She didn't have the words to reassure him of his doubts, with her mind distanced with the truths that she could feel in her bones but wouldn't allow into her gut. On this strikingly new ground,, it would take time before the childish woman could digest the full meaning of the three words that had ended their last night, and longer yet to confirm them back to him. Free as her body and mind might be, her heart was far on the other side of the scale, keeping balance to her mentality. And loving a ghost, well, that would send the whole thing into a spin, wouldn't it?

"I've..." she began automatically, not fully thinking through his question before she had begun to speak. It took her a couple of seconds to realign her thoughts. "I've been okay. I've been lonely," she answered with a simplistic honesty that was uncharacteristic when it came to her upsets. It didn't drag her down the way she had expected it might though, and she was quick to move on. Or move back, to be more exact. Turning her head to face his, her muzzle tilted down just enough to tuck a few inches below his. "Why did you choose rape over everything else? What makes rape the best answer there? Anywhere?" she asked with a soft, indirect intensity, keen on peeling back more than one layer of understanding. In the back of her mind, she was very aware of the openness that came with these dreams, with this old friend, would-be lover, could-be step-father (none of those half-relationships had really settled, had they?). It was the most surreal aspect of his presence, this unbound honesty.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread