ostinato
[html]

She's such a stickler for formalities ;o

While she was sorry to hear the misery in his voice, Caspa couldn't help but wonder what he'd done to get himself into such a state. Was he really a victim of pure poor fortune, or had he earned his punishment - whatever it had been. She determined to get more information out of him before she even considered how she might relinquish her find to him. Yes, he looked like he needed it. But did he deserve it more than her?

He was eager, almost to the point of desperation. She was not offended, but disdain dripped from her eyes anyway. Her mother had been just the same. Utterly unwilling to try and help herself: always complaining or on the scrounge. Yes, she knew she was probably being unfair: she imagined it was real need that drove his behaviour, and not bad character. Hopefully. Innocent until proven guilty, at least. She did feel bad for him, but she wasn't feeling helpful yet. Her eyes were narrow as she answered "I jumped it." A blatant piece of sarcasm, that no sensible person could believe. Dry as ever, she continued "Maybe I'll jump back and share this if you tell me where you got that damage, and where you're heading next." A clear proposal - she didn't want to torment the poor devil by fooling around any more; Caspa was no sadist.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread