ostinato
[html]

You post good posts! :]

Well, this was getting them nowhere but she couldn't stop herself replying to his threat of jumping over. "Go on then," spoken with immeasurable disdain. She would like to see him try. She utterly ignored the rest of his words, finding them useless especially as he could so easily be lying. Not that he'd told her anything of any significance anyway. He was probably right - she shouldn't have asked, she supposed: she wasn't the police. She didn't answer his petulant enquiries, saying only "Forgive a defenceless traveller her suspicions." The tone of sarcasm hadn't drained away yet, but she was thinking along more ambiguous and less suspicious lines already - either she was going to help the stranger or she wasn't: she would never be able to figure out if he was worthy of it or not. It felt like a test of true altruism: could she be truly selfless, as her once-worshipped God might have asked? Once she'd considered this, she knew she had no choice. Caspa lifted her charcoal eyes to the heavens despairingly, then returned her gaze to the sulky stranger's face. "What am I doing here? I appear to be doing my good deed for the day. Here," she sighed, scooping up the hare, and with an almighty flick of her jaws sending it hurtling towards the top of the fence. It almost made it - and then it snagged, a hindleg catching in the barbs, head lolling down towards Augustus. Her ears couldn't go much flatter than they were already or she would have pinned them back in shame. Hopefully he could jump and grab it, or they were both out of luck.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread