ostinato
[html]

OOC: Not at all Smile

Augustus

He let the hare sit on the wire half in her side, half out to his allowing her to pick at it as she pleased, while also leaving a few prize scraps for him if she was unable to finish it. He promptly turned back to his kill where he disemboweled it, determined to waste nothing. He worried each strip in his jaws for a while, but rarely paused to taste it. This was the best way he’d found to eat meat that was no longer fresh. The meat was tough, but he made short work of it, his muzzle stained with post-mortem fluids. Slowly the dry pang of hunger began to ebb away and he contented himself as being, well, not as hungry as before. He could feel his irritation fading away, and with it his resentment of his new companion. He chanced a look at her while absently licking his lips. He didn’t smile, but he didn’t scowl either, for once. He even shrugged off her insult of calling him ’shifty.’ He even admitted to himself that she was right to think so. One could never be too careful and he didn’t exactly look like an honest traveler. If he were in a better state he would be asking the same questions in her situation. Although, he was not in a better state. He was a loner, an outcast, and new to the area, not to mention wounded. Wounded, being in the lighter sense of the word. The scars on his once-handsome face were healing, though remained a prominent feature, one he’d sadly have to carry for the rest of his life.

He let his eyes wander to her share of the meat, waiting to see if there would be any remaining for him, although he tried not to look too impatient. He couldn’t help but lick his lips, and forced himself to look away, letting his gaze drift off. Her voice caught his attention and he was able to look back at her without making her feel anxious. Very. He said seriously, no longer with an air of agitation, or anger, simply said in a manner parallel to the subject matter. He lowered himself to his haunches, winding his tail around him he prepared to relive the very instance he’d been pondering without result for the last month. I lived in a pack far from here. I was the alphas son, although they rarely acknowledged it. I was out minding my own business just wandering around when my father called a meeting. I came as fast as I could, but when I got there, everyone moved away from me, and my father hardly looked at me. I was accused of things, which I might add, I was not guilty of. And, before I knew I was being chased from my own home. He fixed her in his yellow and green stare, inviting her to take a long look at him, at his face. These were my only parting gifts. He looked only long enough for her to fully examine the gashes before lowering his head and gazing glumly at the ground. I was betrayed by my own family. His voice quieted before he continued raising his voice to it’s former even tone. So you can see why I am the way I am…at least I hope you do. This was all very detached, even as he said it. He was trying to get it over with so he wouldn’t have to think on it for an extended period of time, and even left out a few details here and there to keep it short, keep it painless. He armored himself to prepare for a line of sarcasm that he thought might shortly follow, meanwhile attempting to divert his thoughts to more trivial things.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, serifSansSerifMonospace; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.freetable-b02 .charname {font-family:Century Gothic, sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 6px 4px 2px; float: right; margin:15px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02 .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alp...600-1-2-1.jpg); height:303px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#FFFFFF; width:531px;}
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#999999; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: tahoma, serifSansSerifMonospace; font-size:10px; color:#333333; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:18px; width:531px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread