ostinato
[html]

Word Count → 464

Augustus matched her stride for stride, his head turned towards her and the mesh between them. He let his eyes peer into hers. His pelt settled down his back and neck and he held his tail in a low, slow wag. For a moment he wished the fence wasn’t there, that they were indeed side by side. His thoughts floated in a dreamy state, hardly realized. It was when she stopped that he snapped back to reality. He stopped walking and turned to face her fully. His ears perked attentively forward and he surrendered all his attention to her. He was relieved to hear her say that he’d done nothing wrong, but still he couldn’t help but wonder what it was that had set her off. When his request was granted he settled himself down to his haunches, and wrapped his bushy black and white tail about him. He had to look down on her, slightly, which he remedied by settling his hinds a bit further away from the mesh, although with some internal difficulty. He found that he wanted to be close. Augustus could feel the heat starting to rise in his cheeks. When she turned her head he took the opportunity to look at the ground, hoping that she would not see and that he could regain his composure. When he felt it was safe again he returned his gaze and perked his ears forward. He listened to her story with empathy. The key difference in their stories was how her mother had been compared to his. He straightened himself up.

In my family it’s a bit different. He started. My mother and father were equals. I won’t go as far as to say that they loved each other, but they were…partners. In every sense of the word. They were always in sync with one another. I’ll never understand it. They ran things like a well-oiled machine. She was in charge of the hunts and the food, and he was in charge of the scouts and the defenses. They always seemed to know what was going on with the other. He let his gaze trail downwards again. That’s probably what hurt the most. When he accused me, she went with him- wholly. He flicked his ear absently. I can imagine how it must have been like for you. He didn’t want to think on it much, and diverted his thoughts to her story. Yes, I guess it is. He replied to her statement about how ‘romantic’ his tale seemed compared to hers, and couldn’t help but agree. What is it you do believe in? He asked, wanting to know purely for the selfish reason that he didn’t want her to stop. He wanted her to keep talking…He wanted to hear her voice.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.augustus-temp .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.augustus-temp p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.augustus-temp .charname {font-family:tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.augustus-temp b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.augustus-temp {background-color:#A1A7BF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... ie-1-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6C7081; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:489px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #A1A7BF; }
.augustus-temp .inner {margin:287px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#A1A7BF;}
.augustus-temp p.wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #A1A7BF; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 5px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread