diminuendo
[html]

Word Count :: 3+ End here or another post, tis up to you!! Smile

Caspa knew she had made friends here, but she might not have put it that way, and she would certainly not have said family. To her, although she did know better now, family were those who had control over you. And friends? Well, she did have great trust and unspoken affection for many of the Cour. But her heart was so deeply shielded, and her spiritual wanderings caused her demeanour to be so aloof and detached, that she knew she had yet to open up to a single one of them. They were her comrades, but it was all business, even with those she had watched grow up. Only twice had she ever felt and acted really at ease with another person, and the disasters that had followed had taught her nothing but to avoid such mistakes again. She cared greatly for many here, though, not least Liam, which was why she wanted desperately to put him at his ease although she could never seem to do the same for herself. "Oh, no," she said awkwardly. "The past is over and done and I do not consider myself unfortunate. It is only from their failings that I come to be here now, and they gave me much that is good, even if it was presented in an atmosphere of oppression." She had circled the trunk again as she spoke, finishing by as she closed the distance between them, and rested a hand on his shoulder for a moment, very grateful that he had not pursued the line of questioning. Wary of turning the moment into a heavy one, Caspa added "of course, only an insane person would lock up their children to teach them about freedom!" She shook her head disbelievingly then again a little harder, as if blowing away the memories. Less ponderous in posture, Caspa then paced around the tree once more, before deciding it definitely fully depleted, nodding her assent towards him. "Thank you for your help, my friend," she said softly before collecting the pillowcases and padding away towards the storerooms.

Image courtesy of ®DS @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Fred1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Fred1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Fred1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a6f80; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fred1 {background-color:#e7e8e9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcbec1; line-height:16px; width:427px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/899/casx.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:211px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Fred1-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread