Things just won't do without you
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 400px;">

Styx almost forgot to eat as Hel explained and showed off her scars. Part of him wished he knew the herbal skills his mother had, but then again she seemed to have managed quite fine as it was. Another part of him was horrified that she'd been injured so much -- and by her own brother, too! Of course, he couldn't really comment on that to a stranger, could he? So he shoved those thought aside and let the part of him that was amazed and impressed take charge.

So fish forgotten, he stared at her scars, trying to imagine himself emulating her and failing. He kept himself from blurting out, "Well, you are cute," when she told of one of her scars, because the comment would probably not be appropriate considering the situation she talked about.

She looked away as she finished speaking, and Styx was glad she did, because that meant she didn't see him lick his muzzle in embarrassment. They'd only just met, and she said she was happy for his company. That made him... warm. In a way that made him want to apologize. Even if he didn't know for what.

I also like your company, he replied quietly, and then smiled. And I must say that I'm a bit jealous. I mean, you're clearly a lot more capable than I am. And sometimes I wish I could fight as well as you. Perhaps it wasn't the smartest of things to admit, but it was a bit late to think of that now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread