Things just won't do without you
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 400px;">

It wasn't that Styx was slow or stupid; he just couldn't see how the giving or withholding of food would have changed how he viewed her. He didn't think it would have. Now, if he'd been starving and begged her for food, and she'd laughed and refused, then he might not have liked her as much, but now?

I don't think I would have acted any differently, he answered. It wasn't as though he could know how he would have reacted in a different situation now that this one had happened, could he? Even if you hadn't offered, I doubt you'd have acted dishonourably, so I see no reason as to why I would have done something differently.

He listened with interest to her account of her family. Edda... He had a vague recollection of his grandmother having mentioned it and Norse mythology when he was younger and she taught him and his brother to read and write. Something about a one-eyed god who talked to a head, or something. And a horse with eight legs. It was all very strange, and he was in a way relieved that his parents had picked Greek mythology when choosing their name. But then she asked him questions, and he focused on the now instead of the past.

My aunt -- my mother's sister -- taught me my trade, but in order to really learn, she said I should travel and see what others had to teach me. So that's what I do. I'm on a journey to learn more. I don't really have a goal with my travels; I mostly go from settlement to settlement, offering my services in exchange for goods and knowledge. Where are you headed? Perhaps they could travel together for a while?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread