Things just won't do without you
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 450px; border: #666666 1px solid;">

Is that what he really thought of her? That she might be playing at some silly childish game? She did want him along, of course she did. Hel closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had to understand that she needed the company. Growing up with Jormundgand and Fenrir had been a challenge, but she had had the company. Warriors on these roads were few and far between, mostly old wolves who sneered at the female for having grand dreams of being a fighter. They laughed at her disguise, at her weapons, at her size and at her ambition. Hel never looked back on that. She simply gave them curteous nods and moved on. But Styx was no warrior. He was a regular wolf. He would offer her the company other warriors hated. And she would protect him.

Breaking into a smile, she said, I am sorry Styx, I am just tired. I think that at least for a while we can travel together. I will hunt for us, and I can show you how to tackle bigger game. We leave at night. Mostly I travel under cover of darkness. I hope you will not fault me for it. And now, I think we should both rest. I have scouted the area and it seems safe. I will go on guard in a few hours and we leave when the sun sets. And with that, Hel slid down the tree trunk, pulling the hood over her eyes. She didn't know quite why, but she felt safe with Styx.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread