fill your journals
[html]

(324)
Oh god I have no idea if the word for the Eternian bible is right; I can't double-check on the wiki. ;~~~~~~~~~~~;

Eris is by Kiri!

The hybrid woman had learned to read during her time in Eterne. It hadn't been required of her, but Baphomet had insisted upon it. The Quahitl needed to be read -- it would not suffice to simply hear it from another's mouth. Eris had needed to read the words for herself. The sable-shaded hybrid had rarely practiced the skill after learning it, and so the skill had atrophied considerably. She had attempted to rekindle her skills while within Anathema, but the dark woman had abandoned such pursuits with the pack. Now, her eyes flicked along the page with a jagged sort of glance, hesitating on some words. She did not need to read each word to know the omnibus book contained invaluable information.

The coyote gave a sidelong glance to Odessa, a sly smile creeping across her face. Information can be more valuable than physical strength, sometimes, she quipped, lowering her voice as she said this. It was hardly a secret, but she spoke softly anyhow. I can try to help you, perhaps. I knew how to read, once upon a time. I never learned writing, but perhaps I can select a few passages from some books, if you'd tell me what to look for, Eris offered. It was always good to brush up on personal skill, and she would take take any opportunity to assist Salsola.

The coyote's smile widened,and she nodded. The pack will make great use of this contribution, I'm sure. Perhaps if we trek southward to Freetown again, I will tell our scouts to find another book for you to write in, she said, thinking this was a good plan. Freetown would have the sort of thing Odessa required, and it would come cheaply, too -- cheaper than if they were to trade locally, anyway. Paper was a rare commodity, and markets with European traffic were more likely to have paper at a better price.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread