fill your journals
[html]

(355)
:3

Eris is by me!

A faint smile crossed the dark hybrid's face at Odessa's clarification regarding Sirius's manliness and righteousness. Eris felt much the same; there was no doubting Sirius. The Boss was their leader, and Eris, though the only one amongst them capable of speaking out against him if she so desired, simply respected him too much to disagree with him, much less speak ill of the man behind his back. Part of her was glad Odessa realized the added dangers they faced as women; part of her lamented that the girl even needed to come to such a realization. It was the world they lived in, though, and Eris was powerless to change it.

Yes. If only I had the foresight to bring such plants north from Eterne... though, when I left that place, I did not know as much as I know now. I might not have taken anything useful, she said, dismissing Eterne and its exotic plants with a shrug. The sable hybrid's smile was still present, though more distant now as she listened to the woman. Eris had seen the lynx, but she had yet to discuss the feline's instruction and training with Salvia. Her daughter was a smart girl, though, and Eris did not doubt that Salvia would raise the cub to be as docile and tame as Itzcitla. I love cats. You should get one -- they are wonderful companions, the coyote said, trying not to think of the cat that had killed her daughter.

She listened to the darker canine's instructions carefully, nodding at a few intervals to show she understood. This work was easier than physical labor, at least -- Eris might not be the speediest reader, but it was better than struggling with building materials, or hunting in front of everyone else. Eris had improved by leaps and bounds since the last winter, but her hunting skills still left something to be desired. When the woman had seemed to cease her instruction, the hybrid nodded a final time, and flipped through the book, seeking the section on plants native to this part of the world.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread