fill your journals
[html]

(532)
Rambled at you, sorry. :c First two paragraphs = skip~

Eris is by Poppz!

She wished she had stripped everything of value from her Eternian family. It would have disadvantaged Tlantli, Xochime, Miqui, and their yet-unknown brother, Imacai, certainly -- but Eris hadn't known of Xochime and her siblings back then. She would not have cared, and she would have robbed the rest of them blind. Dieriel's kindness was nothing to her, either -- it was Dieriel who had stood to the side while Eris had been imprisoned and enslaved, after all. That the woman had later made amends was meaningless to the dark hybrid.

Clearly, there was not an ounce of altruism within the dark hybrid; Eris cared for herself, first and foremost. Salsola received her care because it was her solace, in a very real and literal sense. She had burned her bridges in Anathema and Inferni, and the dark woman could not imagine returning to the life of a lowly peon. She would have been doomed to the life of a loner if she lost her place within Salsola, and such a life eventually led to death, she was sure. Eris Eternity was not fit for such a life; she required a robust network of support, which she received and cultivated in Salsola.

The coyote's ear flicked at the woman's question, and she tilted her head back from the book a moment, closing her eyes to grant them brief respite. A faint headache had started just behind her eyes, and the coyote would not be able to continue reading for long. The strain was too much on her vision, and it was starting to let her know with that dull ache thudding in her skull. I can't compare them with other creatures. If your feline is small, they are easy to bond with. If they are large... well, they become dangerous, unfortunately, the coyote said, leveling her gaze with Odessa once again. There was a hint of remorse as she spoke, though it was distant and faraway. Ouija gave me the gift of a child cougar once. It grew too large and unpredictable, and despite my efforts, would not accept command.

The dark coyote had offered no explanation for Ouija -- all were inadequate or otherwise inappropriate. She might have said her packmate from Anathema, but he was much more than this. She might have said her soulmate, but that might have raised questions about her and this Ouija. The dark hybrid saw no more of him, however, and pushed him from her mind, not without difficulty and not without regret. I had to rid myself of him, sadly, she explained, her focus returning to the book. Now, her gaze was lazy, and she did not mark many passages for transcription. When Odessa announced their completion, it was with relief that the sable hybrid closed her book, immediately setting to rubbing just above her eyes. The chartreuse things were half-lidded, and she murmured a soft curse. Shit. Turning back toward The Associate, she offered a feeble grin. Would any of your plants rid me of an ache in the head? Reading too long does that to me, she admitted, hopeful that the silver-tinged woman might offer a remedy.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisPoppz p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread