when the morning light sings
[html]

Mordecai blinked, managing to hide his slight confusion. He was not good with months and their ever changing number of days in each of them, but if he remembered correctly, July was a good couple of moon cycles ago. The youngster wondered if Zalen spent all this time since July alone, though he started to doubt it, judging by his friendly nature, but still. He did not seem the type to reject the company of a pack and fellowship, but he did not ask, in case it was personal; if the other wanted to bring it up, he will listen, but not persist for the topic to arise. “It seems pretty big, as much as I saw of it at least. It’s also amazing, too,” he sighed, closing his eyes for a moment as he recalled the view over the landscape he captured while on the mountains.

The dark boy listened as the man spoke, and nodded in understanding. “I agree. I thought that maybe not many humanized canines would be so far up north, but it seems to me that I’m wrong.” Of course, he wasn’t complaining, just confused; he did not see why others wanted to copy the humans when the humans were now gone. Do they want to rid of themselves like the former upright beings? “I guess I’ll never understand why come choose that lifestyle. Things were okay when the humans existed, I assume, so why change?” He did not expect Zalen to answer, since he did not see a solution to his question either, and was just letting thoughts roll off his tongue.

The lake was upon them sooner than Mordecai thought it would, and a grin crossed his maw. He was right behind Zalen, plunging into the water paws-first. The water was a shocking cold, but it only made him more energized as he paddled to the surface, head bobbing above the water.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread