I'm not falling, I'm just flying without wings.
White ears pricked up as the splashing waves came into view. Never had Wheatley seen so much water. Or so much sand. Eyes wide, he scrambled down the dune to stand gaping on the sands. Wheatley was awestruck by the sheerness of this place. The rangy male paused, the plunged forward across the sands, to the lapping ocean that seemed to last forever. Wheatley skidded to halt at the edge of the water, tail wagging slowly. Blue eyes scanned the beach, then spotted a jutting-out rock that was further down the beach. I bet I can see better from up there! he thought, A determined look crossing his features.

White paws pushed at the sand, sending clumps of the loose ground flying. Ears back slightly, the Wheatley bounded over a clump of seaweed, then set off down the beach, his tail and fur flying in the wind. White paws thudded against the sand, sending up a spray of the grit in his wake, almost like a boat. Wheatley skidded to a halt behind the rock, then without hesitating, jumped half-way up it. His paws scrabbled for a hold on the warm stone, then finding one, hauled himself up. Wheatley paused for a moment, catching his breath, then lifted his head and gazed out to sea.

Wheatley was again inspired by the pure beauty of the sea. Thousands of waves washed along the shore, crested with white, and the faint hint of silver from the fish that swam in the cerulean waters. He sat down, and his thoughts turned to his best friend. Baxter... he thought, a vivid picture of his buddy swimming up into his mind. A sigh escaped Wheatley, and he closed his eyes, the wind ruffling her fur, and threatening to sweep the male off the rock, and down to the golden sands below.

Messages In This Thread