M-There Will Be No Violins When You Die
[html]

(634)
I forget whether Eris was supposed to explicitly invite Esme or not. x_x Remind my dumb Irish ass?

Eris is by Poppz!

Though the faintest hint of a growl echoed through these man-made caves, the hybrid was not afraid. Her companion would provide ample protection; he was, after all, obliged to die in her service. If she made it back to Salsola and he was torn to pieces, that was all right, wasn't it? The growl did not sound particularly rankled, merely excited -- Eris thought she herself might have reacted in such a manner at hearing noise in these deep caves. Miqui's shoddily-made torch cast a flickering, dim light against the deep gray, almost black of the walls; despite its light, Eris could not see so very far ahead. Just behind the two figures, the world was again enveloped by blackness. She was right to have dismissed the sound as one of excitement -- there did not seem to be aggression here, and Eris did not seek to provoke it.

Eris beamed harder, her grin growing ecstatic as the other canine spoke of pets -- two of them, if Eris was correct. There was the little furry bat, and her snake-boy. The dark hybrid listened intently at the introduction, nodding at both the names. Princess Esmeralda and a slave -- this was quaint, quaint indeed. She remained quiet as the other canine continued to speak, occasionally nodding her head this way and that. Miqui stood off to the side, seemingly disinterested in all; Eris figured he would be watching, waiting for any signs of trouble. Eris herself didn't figure there would be any. Stoic Miqui was likely to remain silent in the presence of these outsiders, unless Eris took care to include him in the conversation.

In any case, there were a great number of things that interested her about Esmeralda's words. Anathema, homeless, false prophets? Her chartreuse eyes blazed with curiosity, and she took a step forward. Naked as she was, it was clear there were no weapons on her, and her physique did not lend itself toward athleticism. There was no threat to either of the canines before her. We're from the south, she said, the lie as effortless as it was untruthful. We, too, found we did not like Anathema -- but alas, there is nowhere else for us, the hybrid said, rolling a shoulder. To her surprise, Miqui cut in.

I didn't mind the pack, but the caves -- no, he said, his accented voice polite as she'd ever heard it. Both chartreuse eyes glanced toward the man in surprise, albeit positive. No offense, but being underground isn't my thing, the coyote said, rolling both of his broad shoulders in a brief shrug. It's better now that we're under the open sky, he said, at last. The dark hybrid, who had half-turned toward her companion, now brought her yellow-green eyes back to Esmeralda, nodding gravely. He speaks my feelings on the matter of the mountain pack, sorry to say, she added, reminding herself to compliment Miqui on his support for their story later.

I do agree, though, that life alone is not so easy, either, the dark woman said, now settling right onto the ground, motioning for the others to take their seats, should they so wish. Though she gestured,if the hybrid had spoken, she would have spoken only to Miqui and Esmeralda -- the orange one, the snake-boy, had been identified as a slave. You are lucky to keep a slave, though. He looks like a good one. Why do you call him snake? she inquired, customarily directing her questions toward the master rather than the slave. There were a great many adornments to the golden-hued man, and Eris looked over them with admiring interest, finding the slave Esmeralda had chosen for her keeping rather pleasing to the eye.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisPoppz p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread