M-There Will Be No Violins When You Die
[html]

(430)

Eris is by me!

The name Alaki was foreign to her, though Eris guessed most of Anathema at the time of her departure for Salsola would be strangers. There had been so damned many of them that even their ample cave-space had begun feeling crowded to the sable hybrid, who had never lived in the earth before. She had seen the outermost caves, the sacred ruins of the Atototzli, but she had never lived there, and while in Eterne, she had found it difficult to imagine doing so. Her time in Anathema seemed, more and more frequently, nothing more than a dream, faintly remembered.

Ah, yes. I'm not so fond of those human-styled clothes, myself, the hybrid said, grinning. Even so, she turned a more scrupulous eye onto the woman then, hearing her request for what it was. Eris was still fond of Anathema, for its problems. Those in the pack were not all bad, and Esmeralda might be one of the good ones. If so, she would do well to take her for Salsola. The merle-hued canine also had youth on her side. With youth, Eris knew Esme could learn the ways of the pack, growing up immersed in its culture. She considered, nodding a few times as the woman spoke. She was still listening even as she contemplated.

Miqui was still and silent beside her, having responded to the thanks with a quick nod. He was apparently ready to leave this task to his Auxiliary, and this the sable-hued hybrid appreciated. It was her right, after all, and her right certainly superceded his. This was why Miqui was valuable, however -- he knew his place, and he did not have the desire or the motivation to step beyond his place. The sharp chartreuse eyes of The Auxiliary regarded the tawny woman carefully, and she nodded.

Yes, indeed. I found such a place, and if Anathema was so unpleasant for you, perhaps you should like my place, as well, the hybrid began, choosing each word carefully. This home of mine -- it demands loyalty, Esmeralda. We reward it, too. You would find a home there, but you would be welcome only as long as you pledged service and trust to this pack. It would mean the acquisition of a new Family, the coyote said, her words explanatory enough. She did not think Esmeralda was a poltroon; however, one could never be certain with outsiders, and it was important to know where this merle-hued woman stood where it came to Salsola's values before she could be trusted any further.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread