stand against the wiles of the devil
[html]

it's okay. xD i figured i would be correcting as i played him anyways. getting somewhere, here, at least. :S

Aemon stood hunched against the cold and the wind, crimson eyes darting anxiously to the sun as it fell lower. If night fell before his call was answered, he would choose to wait until dawn to return, and he wasn't looking forward to having to camp out in this land so close to so many packs. He was alert now, but felt his body fading quickly as he slumped against the would-be walking stick. To occupy the time, he pulled the Book from his pocket, flipping through the pages idly and skimming each with half-interest. He could barely read the text, and found his lids pulling closed. A twig snapped nearby, and Aemon snapped alert again.

He pocketed the Book and said a quick, silent prayer, straightening as a moving figure became visible ahead of him. Someone had heard him after all. The sun's low position cast an orange glow across the man's already golden face, and Aemon bowed his head as he approached. He was clearly a hybrid like Aemon, but his man was clearly in charge, or close to it. He held his head high and proud, and Aemon admired him silently, noticing the bow-and-arrows stashed behind his back. "Not a need, only a want, sir. I'm... I'm looking for my father, Gabriel de le Poer. Or either of his children, Talitha and Ezekiel." He would survive without knowing them, it was true, but he would not be satisfied. Aemon cleared his throat and swallowed, anxious and impatient for the answer. If they had moved on, so would he. "My name is Aemon de le Poer," he added, bowing his head again. The silvery coy-wolf was sure to remember all of his courtesies in front of this man, who he knew was judging him already.

<style type="text/css">
.aemon-1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.aemon-1 .ooc { font-style:none; padding:0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', serif; font-size:11px;}
.aemon-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.aemon-1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/X3QXK.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: Trebuchet MS, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread