stand against the wiles of the devil
[html]

i assumed he wouldn't know what killed jezebel, and only that she was dead? if not lemme knooow

Aemon kept silent, only nodding at Ezekiel's simple answer. He wasn't trusted yet, he knew, but Aemon wasn't bothered. For now, he was thankful to have a place to rest. The next few days would be filled with questions and learning, he thought. If this clan was making war preparations now, he needed to learn their ways quickly. He hoped they would not be so different from Scintilla.

At his brother's prompt, Aemon nodded and followed him past the skull-piked borders. Dark gaze lingered there as they passed, admiring their collection. Focus was quickly drawn at the mention of his mother, though, and Aemon's gaze shot down. He could feel his chest tighten, but forced himself to stay strong. After his earlier display, he needed to make a better impression. "My mother was Jezebel; she's... she's dead," he managed, stabbing the end of his walking stick harder into the ground as he walked. It angered him that he wasn't there for her in the end. But then, she hadn't always been there for him either. He'd often wondered whether it had been someone or something that had killed her, but Aemon preferred not to think that someone would murder his mother. Taking a deep breath, he continued. "I was born in Scintilla, to the southwest. We decorated our borders with our enemies, too," he mentioned, turning his head again to glance at the disappearing display. "Gabriel once helped lead a war there," he offered, hopeful that his father had shared that story with Ezekiel, so that he might hear it as well.

<style type="text/css">
.aemon-1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.aemon-1 .ooc { font-style:none; padding:0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', serif; font-size:11px;}
.aemon-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.aemon-1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/X3QXK.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: Trebuchet MS, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread