Some warmth for these harsh times
[html]

Word Count :: 300+ Curious Liliya goes *follow*

There was something odd about the woman she just watched walk by, distracted by her task of delivering blankets. Liliya had been passing by while on her never ending hunt for dock and boat supplies, when she saw the tanned coyote girl walking away from the Dark Lady’s house. An eyebrow raised, she wondered what she had set at the door step, and a quick inspection from afar told her it was some sort of bundle. Maybe it was just the pelt, maybe something was wrapped inside, but despite her curiosity Liliya would not go inspect. This home belonged to the Lady, and if her curiosity won over and she went to the porch to look, someone might think she was stealing. That was the last thing she wanted to be accused of right now, amidst her efforts to become more valuable to Salsoa.

So instead of approaching the door, she followed the coy-girl. Something about her confused Liliya. She was sure she had seen her in passing before but they had never properly met and she didn’t know her name. She also thought the woman was part of the Family, but Liliya had seen the glint of the golden ring in her nose. What was the story? Had she been mistaken, or had a slave somehow left the bond ranks to become part of the pack? Was it possible? And… would there be hope for another?

The questions burning inside her distracted her from the chore at hand and made her surer in her pursuit of the woman. She couldn’t follow her for long before she would be stalking her, so she made a soft coyote style yip to let her know she was behind her.

“Zdravstvujtye,” she greeted the woman in formal Russian. As she drew nearer she shook her head in apology. “Hello, I am meaningk. I saw you passingk and I was curious about vhat you are doingk?” Her gray eyes surveyed the smaller woman, a half smile wanting to tug at the corners of her mouth when she realized the lighter-toned lady was of a similar mix as herself. Coy-wolf to coy-wolf, she liked her already.

Image courtesy of 24730945@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-d04 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/btR5k.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#B3783D; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#2F1F0E; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFF3CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-d04 b {color:#FFF3CC; }
.liliya-d04 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-d04 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread