Some warmth for these harsh times
[html]

Word Count :: 286 No worries Smile If me typing in her accent becomes annoying to read, let me know.

She saw the woman go rigid when she yipped to alert her to her presence, and then the pelts she carried all went tumbling to the ground. She gasped softly, eyes widening in surprise. Guilt suddenly flashed through her heart – that's not what she meant to do! Trying to fix her mistake, she hurried over to the woman who now scrambled to pick up the pelts. She only had time to grab one before the other had everything gathered up again. Liliya shook out the skin, brushed it off, and made a messy job of folding it before holding it out to Xochime.

“I am sorry, I should not have been sneakingk up on you,” she apologized, her tone low and appealing for forgiveness. The 'yote woman was jittery, paranoid even. It was a weakness that Liliya understood if that ring in her nose signified at all what she suspected.

Oh, but she was wrong? The woman certified that she was not a slave and then promptly hid her nose from view. Liliya figured it was purely from embarrassment of the marking rather than from the cold, since that was the vein of their conversation. The Russo woman suddenly felt very ashamed to have questioned her, and awkwardly scratched at the back of her head. “Uh... No... That is not what I was assuminged...” She shook her head, her English getting worse in her unexpected shame. “But... Well... I am believingk you but, I am wonderingk why are you vearingk that ringk then?”

She looked upon Xochime with curious hope, wondering about her story and whether or not it was possible for a Salsoan slave to break out of their condemned rank.

Image courtesy of 24730945@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-d04 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/btR5k.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#B3783D; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#2F1F0E; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFF3CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-d04 b {color:#FFF3CC; }
.liliya-d04 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-d04 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread