A friendly welcome
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 280 :: Loved your post! And Vesper is so goddamn cocky. xD

Vesper assumed that the male wolf wouldn’t react favorably to her sudden greeting, but that assumption was a complete understatement. She had prepared for a snarky reply or a glare, but when the black creature whirled around with a snarl, emerging from the den, bulky secui form presented to her. Surprised, she scrambled back a pace; immediately her ears snapped back against her reasonably slender skull, and her hackles began to rise at her nape.

The coywolf did not like to think of herself as irrational or one to take unnecessary risks. Had she been injured or otherwise weakened, she probably would have turned tail with a few snappish words in his direction. However, the sight of the rumbling beast invoked excitement rather than fear or caution. It had been a while since she’d fought against another creature—the bear she’d left half-blind notwithstanding—and her pride ached to defeat this halfling. Luperci had walked all over her before, and she wanted some payback.

When the blue-eyed brute let out another challenging snarl, the leaner creature returned it. Her voice was higher but sharper, and what she lacked in physical intimidation she made up for in a ballsy demeanor. A smirk flicked fast as the crack of a whip across her lips.

Bring it.

Vesper leaped forward, pouncing a few feet in front of him. Immediately, she kept her ears and tail tucked close and aimed to change her course with the balance and agility only a small, practiced hybrid could muster. She hoped to goad him closer with that feint, and when he was out, she’d turn around full circle and do what damage she could with her teeth.

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread