A friendly welcome
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 236

Teeth closed beside her throat, and Vesper had pushed her excitement for the fight away as she focused on survival. Fights to the death were never fun, even if she enjoyed quick sparring. Brow furrowed, she gripped the thin skin of his ear, tongue tasting the metal from the studs. It would be easy to simply tear it off, but she didn’t have anything against this male, and she knew from personal experience running around with half an ear wasn’t fun. Instead, she bit harder, hoping to puncture it clean through without doing much permanent damage. You’re lucky I don’t hate you, punk.

She did wince when he bellowed, shrinking back and relinquishing her grip from his ear. God, was that racket necessary? The tactic worked, however, as a powerful foreleg clawed at her. Her tender belly was spared, but her limbs were swept out from under her. She fell into a crouch, rolling her shoulders forward to push the excess skin of her scruff up, hoping to protect the back of her exposed neck.

“Small makes it easy to get under you,” Vesper found herself muttering. Knocked down as she was, she had an amazing angle for his neck. Once again not wanting to spill too much blood, she lunged upward at the juncture between throat and chest, more to make a point than anything. He had seriously underestimated her prowess in his sudden rage.

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread