A friendly welcome
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 242

Space was important in a fight; Vesper was never afraid to break away from the lock of tooth and claw to circle and think. She was a canny fighter when her mind was clear of anger, and she would rather be seen as a sneak running in circles around an opponent than being close enough to get crushed.

The male seemed to share the feelings, as he copied her movements, panting and growling out a challenge. Vesper pricked her ears, both at the weariness in the pauses between words and the words themselves. So this was a territorial show rather than that of a madman; that relaxed her slightly, though she remained on her toes as she paused.

The dark wolf looked prepared for another attack, his fur bristling and teeth exposed, but he would be disappointed. She kept the distance between them even as she came to a halt, tail flicking behind her. “I don’t want your smelly den,” she began, before giving him a theatrical once-over. “You need to exercise more, pal.” Did the luperci halfling form suffer in stamina, or was he simply not used to so quick of an opponent? If it was the former, she would seize the weakness gladly, and if it was the latter—well, her arrogant grin had returned.

She ventured one more taunt, though the sharp edge from earlier had softened. “Always thought you luperci looked bulky and fat.”

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread