A friendly welcome
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 277

It seemed that the lull in their fight would become permanent, and Vesper took the time to give the new wound on her shoulder a brisk lick, ears turned in the direction of the male in case he worked up the gall to keep going. He did seem worn out by now, however, and his voice was steadier as he addressed her again. He had a strange accent, one that she hadn’t been able to make out as much when he was growling at her, but it only served as a quirk to make him more interesting.

“I can’t visit the neighbors?” the coywolf asked, fully aware of how aggravating she sounded, but a moment later the smirk faded and she shrugged, serious enough. “You’re the second loner I’ve seen who’s setting up camp around these parts. As a loner myself, I thought it might be smart to know where you guys are so I don’t step on any toes. That, and it’s easiest for us to look out for each other.” She remembered the pale woman, Noir, and the lightest of shivers ran through her; that innocent trade of knowledge had turned out to be something much more, though she didn’t think she was at liberty to tell this stranger that.

He snorted when she mocked his size, pointing out that her lack of weight would come back to haunt her in the colder months. Her blue eyes widened slightly at being called “scrawny,” but then she laughed. “First of all, I prefer the term ‘compact’—but you have me there.” Her smirk returned, much more amicable than it had been before. “What’s your name, stranger?”

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread