A friendly welcome
[html]

Kostya let out a sigh of relief when his apology was accepted. Pissing off a local that was able to hand his arse to him really didn't seem like a good thing to do just as he was settling down. He returned Vespers half-smile with a full one, though this turned into a frown as she mentioned her name.

Kostya's accent was slapdash at the best of times, but names were a common stumbling block for him. His accent was all over the place which left him little foundation for pronouncing words correctly and even less for pronouncing names. Some names he could pronounce easily, while others escaped him no matter how much he tried to grasp them. After rolling the sound of Vespers name around his mouth he could tell hers was going to be the latter. "Vespa', Ves, Vespeh' Ves'er," Kostya let out a small frustrated snort before asking embarrassedly, "Ya' mind if I call ya' Ves? Havin' a bit'a trouble gettin' mah tounge round yer name."

Vesper's question caused a small jolt of sadness to run through him, but eh quickly quashed it; while things seemed to be calming down he wasn't comfortable showing weakness in-front of Vesper. "Yeah, I got 'ere about two weeks ago, me an' my Ma' were travellin' north up from New Orleans an-" Kostya trailed off awkwardly as he clammed up, wishing he had just left it at a yes and never mentioned his mother. Awkwardly he tried to think of something to change the subject, though thankfully Vesper changed the subject herself.

Initially Kostya was slightly incredulous at Vesper's declaration that she had enjoyed the fight. However when he actually thought about he realised that it could have been fun if it was under better spirits. His wounds, while painful, were all shallow and would heal quickly and easily and there was a certain excitement to fighting with somebody.

I suppose tha' it might'a been fun if it were a bit less serious." Kostya conceded, glancing at Vesper as an idea came into his mind. It would be nice to have somebody around the area that he knew, and as the fight had just shown him he needed some fighting practise. "Perhaps we coul' do it again sometime? Wouldn' mind somebody ta' spar with, an I could use the practise. An' the exercise now tha' I think about it." He said ruefully, glancing down at his stomach which was starting to gain a little fat to it, though that would likely be gone before the winter was over unless he got lucky with hunting.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread