A friendly welcome
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 301 Up to you if you want to finish up now. Smile Either they can chat for a while longer, or we can assume they worked on the den a little while before Ves left.

Vesper nodded as he restated that he needed exercise, and wryly she noted that it would get easier to find said exercise when he was starving and hunting for winter. She wished him silent luck in that, however; while a fat-ass pack wolf was something to scoff at, a loner who managed to be over the average weight was a lucky fellow who had something going for him.

“I don’t need muscle,” the she-yote scoffed, lifting a paw in an almost luperci gesture as if to swat away the notion. She had recognized the teasing note in his voice and knew that there probably wasn’t much more muscle to be had. She was built lean, compact, streamlined—good for speed and agility, and while she was decently muscled for her scrawny frame, she knew she would never be a hard-hitter like a large wolf could.

She scanned the area around his den, deciding it would be easy enough to find the large oak tree, and her ears tilted forward at his yawn. Blue eyes noted the position of the sun, but she was sure he was tired after their fight—especially if mental exhaustion played a part in it. Being stressed really didn’t help with energy after something like that, and she’d gotten quite a strong aggressive reaction out of him.

“I’ll do you one better, Kos,” Vesper yipped when he offered her a place to rest. “I’ll help you out. It’s the least I can do, and it’d get rid of me quicker.” She flashed him a smirk, one that conveyed such favors wouldn’t be given out often, but she moved over to the den and went to work digging out some of the leaves that had fallen in before awaiting direction as to where he wanted the enlargement started.

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread