wilted flowers, and those in bloom
[html]
Hello! Big Grin Thanks for joining.

These hands were so strange. Vesper lifted the flowers closer, gave their dulled petals a sniff, held them out away from her body again. She experimentally slid her fingertip pads together, watching the stems twirl in response. Her hands were not as dexterous as born luperci, of course, but she wanted to learn. As a loner, she could never afford to waste even the slightest advantage; and she would work this damned virus to her advantage.

The scent of another canine made her turn her head, and her ears flattened into the mess of her torn and sheared mane as she realized that he could have been standing there for the long minutes it took her to change forms. She felt vulnerable, suddenly, and as he remarked upon the flowers, she pulled them close to her chest. It was such a girlish action, though—and Vesper had never thought of herself as girlish. Frowning, she let the flowers drop from her hand, not trusting herself to speak. Whereas normally she’d have a sarcastic retort witty, his appearance had caught her off guard, and she could think of nothing to say that wasn’t stupid.

Vesper stood—slowly, carefully, the faintest wobble in her limbs. She had found herself able to adapt to having two legs oddly well, as in not stumbling absolutely everywhere she went, though she still couldn’t quite get used to them. Nor could she get used to her new height; originally small, she would have had to crane her neck to look up at him. Now, however, she could stare across at him and size him up easily, unable to abandon the wary processes of a loner.

Deciding the ruddy, middle-aged coyote would not be a threat, she listened to his question. Awkwardly, not sure what to do with her arms, she crossed them over her coal-splattered pale chest and shrugged. “I’m new to Inferni territory, but not technically part to the clan.” She wasn’t quite sure how to describe her unique position to one of its members, but she did her best. “Enkiel found me on the borders when I was injured and brought me in. I’m to stay as I heal, and then—” She trailed off, met his reddish eyes, and smirked. Honestly, she admitted, “And then I might just stay, who knows.”

She paused, finding conversation oddly difficult. She was capable enough of being social, but she felt like she’d changed so much, she didn’t know what to do or say anymore. “Are you new? What’s your name?”

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread