wilted flowers, and those in bloom
[html]
And I like Teddy. <3 Older characters are always interesting, what with all their history. Also, sorry for the randomness of this post... I wasn't satisfied with the really short one I started out with when replying to this. xD

Vesper hated how uncomfortable she felt, despite mental reassurance that this fellow wasn’t going to bother her. However, she knew that she had to adjust if she wanted to make it in this clan, which she was seriously considering by now. One individual in particular had made sure she knew her place, and survival might mean a few adjustments and a less bold demeanor.

Her crossed arms pressed inwards slightly, holding her upper abdomen as her blue eyes watched the ruddy luperci carefully. He explained that he had been born in the clan but had only returned recently. “What caused you to leave?” she asked, a brow quirked, before amended, “You don’t have to answer that.” She was curious if there were issues she needed to know about; if he had wandered off for strictly personal reasons, she wouldn’t have to worry. She was hurting for a home, but she was still independent and proud enough to have her standards and full reject Inferni if there were problems, enemies be damned.

That thought gave her slightly more confidence, and the coywolf nodded at his introduction before saying, “My name’s Vesper.”

She wasn’t sure if the older male would be bothered by a two-year-old’s constant questioning, but she would risk it if it meant understanding a little more about where she was and what she might be a part of. “What was Inferni like? I’m sure it’s probably changed a lot since your father was leader here, but…” She shrugged then quickly directed her attention to the ground. There had been movement, and immediately she dropped into another crouch, putting one hand to the ground for better balance.

Ves flashed him a look she hoped conveyed she wasn’t lightheaded, and then she parted the grass to see what she’d seen scurrying through. Her nose told her that it was a mouse, and she quickly plunged her other hand among the flowers, brow furrowed in concentration.

She yipped suddenly, drawing her hand back, though something small and furry was clutched in it. She held the mouse up to him with a slightly sheepish smirk then passed it to her other hand, wiping the blood from its bite on her hip. “I guess this form isn’t totally useless,” she muttered, pleased that she had been able to grab the mouse by fluke.

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread