wilted flowers, and those in bloom
[html]

Big Grin I don't mind randomness! Also, I totally start rambling at the end because I wanted to hit 500 words. >__>

WORD COUNT → 506

The sepia-toned male grinned a little as he watched the woman awkwardly maneuver her new appendages. Tedros couldn’t remember a time where he didn’t know how to shift, didn’t know how to stand so at ease with the form of his body. There was some sort of pansophy in his own little world, and he couldn’t help but be intrigued while watching someone adjust.

A little bluntly, her voice infiltrated his ears, asking why he had left. The multi-hued hybrid quickly heard how that sounded and repealed her question, but Tedros figured he’d answer anyway. “I left because I needed a fresh start.” It was a simple answer at best, convoluted at worst. But he didn’t pay any mind – Ted assumed that she wasn’t actually all that interested in his personal life.

Vesper, she introduced herself as. The Tirones smiled, his enlarged tail swaying contently back and forth. It wasn’t long before the young loner asked yet another question. This was one he had to think about. There were so many memories that he had of Inferni, and he could never be sure how skewed they were. He had been so young, and in some skewed way, in a position of power (albeit a small a position of power).

Suddenly there was a noise, and Vesper dropped down. This time it seemed like she had done it on purpose. Ted’s ears perked up and sniffed the air, and then Vesper yelped. Wine-colored eyes went to her hand as she stood, and Tedros grinned widely at her prize. “There certainly are perks,” he responded.

He shook his head slightly, trying to remember what he was thinking about, and then was off. “Inferni was home,” he said, using the past tense out of habit. “We were much more familial of a pack, than say, a wolf pack.” Tedros Talik spoke from experience – his lover’s pack, with whom he’d spent the past few years with, was friendly, but still very set in ranks and submission and hierarchy. “Back in the day, there was also an unspoken sort of hatred against wolves, even hybrids,” he glanced at her, flicking his tail and cocking his head, “but you have nothing to worry about now. It seems that most of the pack is made up of hybrids, and many, like myself, do not find wolves to be so disgusting.”

Tedros ran a hand swiftly through his mane and shifted his weight. “So, are you just looking for a home, or?” he asked, trying to understand the perks of a pack from a loner’s perspective. He hadn’t spent too much time as a loner himself. The male coyote always seemed to find at least one other creature to roam the earth with. He remembered the first girl he had met during his first leave from Inferni. The way she had reminded him of his sister. And like that, the smile slid off his face. Tedros Talik really missed his sister, and this unforgiving, relentless odor of Inferni was bringing back so many memories.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread