wilted flowers, and those in bloom
[html]
lol I've done that before x3

Vesper nodded in understanding when he mentioned a fresh start. It was a vague enough answer, but it was one she could understand. It was part of the reason why she’d crossed the mountains in the first place, heading south into new lands. The memory of her family and the coyote band had been too close for comfort where she’d hunted as a teenager.

And it looked like the real new start had come. She wouldn’t embrace this with zeal, but she would find a way to twist this to her advantage, even if it meant being a pack luperci.

The older coyote grinned at the mouse she’d caught, and she watched the little creature struggle in her hand. She adjusted her childish grip, holding it by its tail as it squirmed to get free. “There’s a lot that I can do now, I guess,” she admitted to herself. “I just can’t begin to think about it. My mind doesn’t work like that.” She knew it would be less cruel had she been born this way, but everything happened for a reason. She would have a far different perspective on life than born-luperci, and she knew it’d make her more sympathetic to the four-legged—once her kind—if not anything else.

She listened quietly to his explanation of the past, about the close family ties of the coyotes as well as the prejudice against wolves. Her mind flashed to the skulls that decorated the borders, and she wondered how long they had stood there, empty sockets watching for trespassers.

He reassured her that things had changed, as far as prejudices, and the hybrid nodded slightly. “A young coyote I met before this,” she gestured to herself and her recent scars, “told me that there were few purebreds here.” She smirked faintly, tilting her head. “And about wolves—well, I have reason enough to hate them because of my father, I guess, but I’ve met too many good individuals to hate the species. Eventually prejudice dies out once people understand more.” She thought of sweet Blind and her bi-color eyes, her throat clenching suddenly.

While she was distracted by the unexpected onslaught of emotion, the mouse had managed to swing enough to bite her. She dropped it this time, blue eyes following its progress back into the grass. Had she been in lupus form, she wouldn’t have thought twice about chasing after it and snatching it up in her jaws, but she’d never even seen someone eat in optime.

Tedros had asked her a question, and she blinked before answering awkwardly. “I never really had a home. If I did, it was with others rather than an actual territory.” Her mother, and Juniper. “I’m a born and bred loner, so the thought of settling down in a pack still makes me anxious, but… I know the perks, too, and Inferni is a place I think I can respect. I wouldn’t even consider it if it wasn’t.” She rubbed the back of her neck. “So—yeah, I guess. Or comrades if not really a home.” She was a loner from her mother’s side, but the wolf blood from her father sang for pack and love. What better place to follow both sides of her heritage but here?

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread