wilted flowers, and those in bloom
[html]
Grouchy grouch.

Burgundy eyes fell upon her sky-colored ones, and Vesper nodded thoughtfully as he described the clan as a good midpoint between the two lives she sought after. She didn’t think she could deal with a pack that swarmed her with attention, even if the intentions might have been good. She wanted to be able to seek out company when she desired it and be left alone when her moods dictated so. Inferni seemed to be full of sensible coyotes so far, or at least those who might understand where she came from. She had even found mutual if grudging respect for the dusky male who she’d vowed undying vengeance on shortly after their first meeting.

Tedros commended her for actually checking out the pack before joining, and the she-yote let out a little snort, arms crossed. “I’ve come across several wolves who’ve hopped right into the first pack they ran into. I can understand if they’re in great need of someplace to stay, but… I’ve never been that desperate.” She shook her head slightly, knowing that went for the other packs, as well. Many would take in whatever stray showed up at their borders, or at least she observed from her position as far away from packs as possible.

In the silence, she scratched one of her upper arms then glanced at her fingers as casually as she could without looking like a fascinated puppy. She then shifted her weight, her right foot-paw turned slightly as to hide the missing toes, though it was an entirely subconscious action after long months of having the injury. But then he spoke—a question, one that caused her ears to flatten. When he corrected himself as she had before, though, her uncertain expression transformed into an amused, if slightly bitter, smirk.

“I suppose it’s fascinating,” Vesper muttered. She let her arms drop at her sides then took in a deep breath through her nose. “It wasn’t rape.” The fact was stated darkly, challengingly. She saw herself untouchable in that regard, most like a man strutting around with nothing to fear from other men, though sadly her invincible perspective was a warped one. That dusky coyote had shown her that, or very nearly.

“It was a fight,” she went on, and it was clear that she was struggling through the story even if she told it. She talked with her hands nervously, making small gestures to accent her words. “A prissy mongrel—some random loner who decided she wanted to take prey from me. Maybe if I were any less proud, I might have given her the damn meat.” She flashed a smirk—not caring about how goddamn arrogant she was, embracing her flaws. “But instead, we fought. She had a companion with her, and the pair of them tore into me pretty good. I got a few good bites on them, though, which I guess is why the blood mixed and the virus spread.”

Her paws stilled, only for one hand to touch some of the newly-healed gashes on her upper abdomen. “Enkiel is the medic. I was delirious when I crawled to the borders, but he managed to fix me up. I thought I was home free when the change came.”

And that was where her mouth shut. She remembered her panic, that first time, but took some solace in that it hadn’t been as hard when she came out today. Still, she didn’t want to dwell on her recent memories.

“And don’t apologize for asking,” Vesper growled.

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread