wilted flowers, and those in bloom
[html]
Sorry for the wait; had to write a ten-page term paper. And it's probably clear from my short post that I don't know what to add to this thread. We can either wrap it up, or we can move it on in a different direction if you can think of anything! I'm not in any hurry to finish it but I don't mind any way.

The smile slipped away from the ruddy coyote’s face, and Vesper wondered how he was seeing her. Was she a survivor or a naïve risk-taker? A strong woman or a little shrew? But if he had any negative thoughts, he wasn’t speaking them, and except for pretty girls, Ves didn’t really care what others thought of her. She didn’t try to cover up her flaws.

She shook her head mentally, though the slightest smirk of her amusement crossed her lips at his own. The fragrance of the flowers and the scrabbling of the damn mouse held her attention for a few moments before Tedros spoke again, his words unexpectedly reassuring. Her blue eyes darted to his wine-colored ones, but she nodded. She’d had faith that shifting would become normal for her, but to hear this—and other advice—coming from the mouth of an older luperci made her feel oddly better.

His final remark, accompanied by a grin, made Vesper chuckle. “I suppose that’s a good thing around here,” she mused. She looked at the ground for a few moments then back at him, and she shrugged. “I never dreamed of joining a pack in my life, but it seems I found a group seemingly made for me.” It was obvious that she was not entirely serious, but there was still the thoughtful gleam she’d possessed ever since she’d been brought in by Enkiel. After all, Tedros had left then returned—perhaps she would be permitted to do the same, if she found that clan life wasn’t what she’d wanted and needed a break.

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread