Hunting of a different kind
With the weight pulled off her Terra sighed with relief. She looked up to find Kostya commiting suicide. He was squeezing an angry cougar that was about to get loose and he didn't have any weapons. No time to think Terra ran forward. The cougar snarled, clawing at her. The scratches hurt, but she managed to get through. With a snap Terra bit through the cougar's neck. Blood running down the cougar continued to thrash, slowing down until it was finally dead. Terra sagged to the ground, exhausted from the fight.

Terra grinned up at Kostya, still holding the cougar. Well, that was interesting. Do remind me not to do this again. She trotted over, pulling out the prize deer from where she'd stashed it. Tearing in she pulled off a leg, offering it to Kostya. Turning she dug into the deer, not caring if she made a mess. Terra was starved after everything that had happened. With the cougar finally dead she could sample the deer that Kostya had been bragging about. Hopefully it would be as good as he said.

It was even better! Blood running down her face Terra tore into the meat. It was sweet, and warm, and so tender! The meat danced on her tongue, a complete joy. It was juicy and the best meal she'd ever had. Crooning Terra swallowed chunks, enjoying the meal. The battle was completely worthwhile. I take it back. Invite me to do this anytime. Chuckling Terra sat up, grooming her fur. She was still missing part of her shoulder, but that would heal. It might scar, though she wasn't sure. Laying back Terra looked at Kostya. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread