drift away
[html]
[/html] Tayui nodded empathetically when Zana explained that she didn’t know much. Good. That meant she wouldn’t be too suspicious of Tayui’s motives for gathering this information. If she knew a lot about Salsola, then she might know how suspicious they were of outsiders or she might know of some of their barbaric practices and be too frightened to do the job. Tayui was also glad to hear that the coywolf had a personal interest in the matter: then, at least, if she were discovered she would have an incentive to cover her tracks – and Tayui’s.

"I just want to know a bit more about them," she explained. "I have a friend in there – I wanted to visit her, but she needs me to come by the borders when they aren’t patrolling. I’m… I’m not as young as I once was and I don’t look forward to a physical confrontation. I’m not stupid enough to linger too close to Inferni’s or Salsola’s borders, so I try to stay away." She shrugged and then added: "what would you like in exchange?" She didn’t think it would be fair to state her request without hearing what Zana wanted in return. Hopefully, they could arrange some sort of trade that benefitted them both. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread