see this side reflected
[html]

Sorry for the wait... and I've never seen Ves so mellow. x3

The soft strumming of the guitar was delightful to Vesper’s ears, yet it was only background music to the answers she hoped to draw from him. Of course, she would never force someone to answer questions who didn’t want to, as she wanted others to treat her with the same courtesy. The realization that her blurted questions might have been rude made her scratch her neck self-consciously, but she froze at the feel of her fingers in the thick but cropped mane. It was soft and fluffy and not at all like the dreads that fell from the man’s headband, but it was still one of those little things she wasn’t used to.

In languid tones, the dark coyote explained that he had indeed once been part of the Inferni clan. Naked surprise registered on the hybrid woman’s face before she pushed it aside the best she could, keeping composed. He didn’t seem much like he would fit in with the aggressive group, but she remembered what Tedros had said about the tolerance of some of the members. The man in front of her had coyote blood, and that seemed enough. She doubted she’d tolerate a pack full of nothing but killers, anyway.

So she nodded, smirking a bit at his comment about irony. “What is your daughter’s name?” Vesper asked lightly, wondering if she’d met her before. She hadn’t run across many coyotes, and most had been male, so she highly doubted that they’d met. If her fate rested in Inferni, however, she’d meet all of the leaders eventually.

A grin accompanied the man’s name, and mention of the northern pack made her smirk suddenly. It wasn’t quite a smile like she would’ve gone for in the company of a true friend, but it was much softer than before. “Ichika… I’ve met a few members of your pack before—and I’ve heard of you.” His way of speaking confirmed it. “An arctic wolf named Kiara told me about you. She was non-luperci.” Her tongue stumbled over the word—one that she could no longer claim as her own—but she shook her head and remembered what she’d said in reply to the white she-wolf about either getting along with him or being irritated by him. Fortunately, it was the former.

“I think your song does her justice,” Vesper said unexpectedly. She lowered her ears then looked around at the forest. The gentle song of the guitar blended well with the rustle of autumn leaves and the crackle of the fire she still crouched in front of. Her smirk softened even more until he returned the original question, one that she realized she’d neglected to answer.

“My name’s Vesper,” the coywolf said. “And I’m not…fearful of them.” Or most of them. “I’ve been staying in Inferni for a while now as I…recover.” She didn’t think that needed any explanation; her visible, scabbing scars were all the clarification he would need. “But I was thinking of joining the clan.”

She wondered what he’d say about that. From all the sources she’d spoken to, Ichikia no Ho-en was an extremely peaceful pack and Inferni—though it was no Salsola—was not. Then again, what she decided in the end was none of the hippie’s business, and he didn’t seem upset about his daughter leading. Self-conscious again, she reclined carefully into a seated position and dropped her elbows onto her knees. A leaf fell and kissed her ear on its way to the ground.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread