Ugh, this is so unfair.
Rory gently rubbed his head where he had been hit by a pebble and glanced up at the youngster. She couldn’t be more than a year old and seemed a bit sad, though he had no idea why. He also wondered why she was dropping rocks on the ground. He was about to say it was no problem when she sassed him. He wasn’t upset but did wonder at her attitude.

At least she was truthful and soon apologized. Luckily, the pebbles didn’t hurt for more than a moment so the pain was already gone. ”’Tis alright, lass. It takes mo’ than tha’ ta ‘urt me thick skull.” She seemed to recognize him but he understood why. His accent was rather unique and few others had anything, except for the Capitania’s mate.

Her question took him away from his musings on accents and back to reality. ”I’m ‘ere ta see Shaw. ‘E ‘ad a baby ferret that I ‘elped ‘im take care of. Are ye related ta ‘im?” He thought so but he wasn’t to sure. Though he realized that knowing each other’s names might be useful. ”Me name’s Rory Ward. What might yer’s be?” He gave her a kind and encouraging smile.

Messages In This Thread