The Winds of Change
[html]

No worries dear! Take your time Smile

The she-wolf swallowed hard as she watched Soran retrieve a knife from one of the wooden planks that lined her room. Her heart sped its pace, and for a moment she thought she might run. But then, puffing out her furry chest, she swished her tail confidently and sat up. She wouldn't run anymore; she was going to be a whole new wolf.

Clearing her throat and collecting her thoughts, Blind responded to Soran's question coolly: Whichever you feel is best. To her, it didn't really matter who went first as long as it was over quickly. She didn't know much about the transformation, but she did know that - when it came to blood transfers at least - it wouldn't be just a prick on the paw. Leaping down from Soran's bed, she trotted to her mother's side and sat again, her fur bristling with tension. Negative thoughts clouded her mind, and she fought harder than ever to keep them away. This will be an adventure, she mused, just like I wanted when I was a child. It will be fun. This is the worst part.

Looking up at Soran with her bi-colored eyes, she smiled sheepishly and let her tail sway just a bit. She was ready, but that didn't ease her nerves any. She was nothing more than a pup when it came to pain, and it didn't help that she was squeamish around a lot of blood, too. She could hunt just fine, because she had it down to an art where she would take what she wanted and leave the rest to the birds. But there was a reason she wasn't a warrior.

Finally, taking a deep breath and letting it all out almost immediately, she closed her eyes and lowered her head - she was trying to clear her mind. Then, as if a new being possessed the she-wolf's body, she lifted her snout valiantly and announced, I need this change. Go for it.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread