choking on salt water
[html]
i meant to reply to this right away, damn time slipping away from meeeee

When Sage's eyes opened again, she was on the ground. With a deep gasp of air, her eyes shot open, alarmed and scared as someone shook her back awake. Her muscles came to life and she realized thankfully that it was her father who held her. Daddy! she breathed, amazed that he was here, now. It had only been seconds ago that she'd been alone with Lennon! Relieved, she threw her arms around him and sobbed heavily into the thick fur of his neck as all of the emotion came back to her. Oh, daddy... she said, the words she wanted to speak getting caught in her chest. There was... a traitor... she tried, her voice shaky and frightened. Two people... dead, I...-- but she couldn't find the courage to speak of it yet, the vision still all too clear in her mind.

For a long moment she clung to him, taking deep breaths of the comforting, earthy scent of his soft fur. When she felt her nerves had calmed enough, she pulled her head back and looked up at him. I just... couldn't stay... it was... awful... If Inferni could turn on it's own so easily, what made her so sure that they wouldn't target her next? The Aquila had been less than welcoming to her recently, and what did the others think? Her bottom lip quivered, her brows furrowed in anguished worry. I'm scared, she admitted to him, resting her head softly on his shoulder now, staring out into the darkness of the night with empty, dull straw eyes. It was all so wrong.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly22 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6eb2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #c3bfa1; }
.freebjuly22 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly22 {margin:0 auto; width:471px; background-color:#f0eabd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eJtVd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #817e66; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#817e66; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly22 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly22 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread