don't tell them a thing.
[html]
Octavius. Let's do this!

If there was one thing he could be grateful about being born in Anathema, it was the darkness of the caves. Judas had found a great dislike for the sunshine from the very moment he stepped into it — not because of his stubborn nature nor a natural affinity to darkness, but because he found his eyes burnt and watered as if the fire of the sun itself possessed his very gaze. Or, at least he assumed it was fire that burnt within the sun — that seemed the most logical, after all, and Judas would sooner accept his own conclusions as the truth than go about questioning his pissy mother or idiotic packmates on it.

But Judas could not lay in the den all day. Nearly each time his mother had stirred he and his brothers awake for some menial field trip or something similar, the dark-furred runt had chosen to remain where he was. He hated the sunlight in his eyes. He hated that sting, and as much as he hated the birdcage, he would sooner allow himself thrown and latched into the cage by Naniko than dragged into the daylight where his bloodied eyes would drain and drain incessantly and his mood would only augment until it became something worse.

Naniko had left sometime earlier in the day, but not until she had thrown Judas into the cage once more. Severus had left with her. Octavius had opted out, and yet he had not been given the cage treatment as well. Interesting.

Octyyyy, he plead into the darkness, a pitiful whimper in his innocent, tiny voice. Octavius, wake up! Will ya let me out? I learned my lesson. A pause. Come on, Octy, let's go on an adventure. Pleeeease?

<style type="text/css">
.judas2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab362c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.judas2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.judas2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#200a0a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UuRe6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b55d34; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.judas2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.judas2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread