dancing in the ashes
[html]

Yesssss! <3 And you do not ever suck. You can archive this if you want, unless Zeke has anything else to add. :3 Otherwise, I don't mind ending it here! / 424

Ezekiel smirked at her request, and Vesper flicked her tail behind her—not quite a wag, but a show of her amusement nonetheless. At least he didn’t think her to be a freeloader; she’d done her best to eat little and to bring food to other clan members or at least in their vicinity, if she wasn’t feeling particularly up for meet and greets.

He spoke of her scars, and her ears perked up. Her tattered appearance brought on several different emotions in others—revulsion, pity, fear—but respect was rare enough that it sent her heart spiraling upward. She nodded quickly as he spoke of loyalty and readiness to fight, knowing that it was the least she could do. The Aquila didn’t ask for very much, it seemed, but that suited her well. She would not completely change her life, but she would serve the clan in what ways she could.

“I am willing to bleed for Inferni,” Vesper stated, before adding with a smirk, “What’s a little more blood?” The comment was lighthearted, but her blue eyes were serious. She might even die for the clan depending on her time here. Not now, not with her survivor’s will, but long ago she had been willing to die for someone. She could gain that feeling again in time.

The mention of the virus and the number she’d done in the medic’s room made her ears lower and expression harden, but she blinked and almost smiled at the unexpected remark afterward. “Thank you,” she said, the words hesitant. She wasn’t quite sure what she was thanking him for—not looking down on her heritage, maybe? It was a lame statement, but she didn’t pursue it. She wasn’t here to grovel, even if she owed a debt. “I am not unwilling to learn to fight in optime too, if I can find a teacher,” she went on. She knew she’d always favor the shape she was born in, but she was not about to throw away an additional advantage if she could work it to her favor.

“I truly believe this is the place for me,” Vesper said. It was an immature remark—or at least it had sounded that way coming from other wolves. Those wolves would wander into the first pack grounds they found and claim sudden love for the members—but no. She did actually feel like she fit in here, in this clan of coyotes and fighters, of fire and blood.

In Inferni.

Helotes would get a kick out of this.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos t {font-style:italic; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread