when you leave me.
[html]
[/html] The black wolf seemed interested, but suspicious of Tayui's intentions. This was good. Tayui would not have wanted someone who was willing to accept any proposal because then they might be swayed to reveal Tayui if they were caught in Anathema. Tayui nodded approvingly without realizing it and carried on the action as it was intentional. She was pleased, and so she tried to ignore the tingling sensation in her back -- she didn't like knowing someone didn't trust her. It put her ill at ease, humorously enough.

"Not much," she admitted. "Just information about patrols and scouts. I'm just curious to know what goes on in that new pack to the west -- by Drifter Bay. I've heard some nasty rumours about them, but I don't think I'd be up for the task. I was thinking someone like you -- someone quicker and a little shrewder than I -- might be up for the task. That's why I came to Anathema," she explained, trying to make it sound like it was just an innocent curiosity, but one she was too frightened to do on her own. Once she had named her task, she waited to see what the other woman would do next. Tayui was hoping that she would simply name her price. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread