we're the smoke on a burnt horizon.
[html]

I hear ya. Had a busy week of my own. wc:394

A lot all at once. Yes, that was what life had handed them, after all, and they didn’t have much of a choice but to take what they were given. Things might not always be pleasant, but it could not be said that life was ever boring for them. Frankly, Ehno was quite ready for some calm, quiet, nothingness to envelope them for a while. The months-long conflict and splits in the pack had been more than enough excitement for the Marino male for months to come. The quiet of the last few weeks felt promising to him, and he was beginning to think that the fickle goddess Fate was finally deeming it time for the Dreamers to catch a break. Goodness knows they needed it. And perhaps not just the Dreamers—the Court had faced the same troubles, and many of the AniWayans had not been in agreement with the usurper’s rule. They were all in need of a break.

The younger wolf’s exasperated groan summed up how he felt about the whole situation as well. He shrugged very slightly as Barry asked if he thought the fighting was over with. It certainly seemed like it might be, but sometimes Ehno was afraid that if he got too comfortable with that thought that it would all turn out to be a lie. “I certainly hope it’s over with,” he admitted. “It’s been quiet the last few weeks, since we removed that tyrant from power.” He shrugged again, glancing out west as if he could see the tribe’s lands from where he stood. “Whether things will stay this peaceful depends on what AniWaya does next. I’m hoping Savina’s presence there is helping them make the right choice.”

His gaze returned to Barrett and he nodded at the mention of the Court. “Mmm, apparently they had been hassled by AniWaya’s raiders as well, and faced their own casualties.” It was a grim thing to think about how many lives had been affected by all of this. “Without their help in our own raid, I have a feeling the fighting might still be going on even now.” The Dreamers were not fighters, that much was true. They would do what the needed to defend their lands and their family, but the help of Cour des Miracles had been instrumental in putting a stop to the conflict.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread